Instant Alert: WHO: 400 contacts being traced in Congo’s Ebola outbreak

Your Message Subject or Title

  MANAGE SUBSCRIPTIONS   |   UNSUBSCRIBE   |   VIEW ONLINE
 
 
 
 
  WHO: 400 contacts being traced in Congo’s Ebola outbreak by on May 18, 2017, 6:17 AM DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — The World Health Organization says officials are tracing more than 400 contacts amid an Ebola outbreak in Congo that has been blamed for at least three deaths.Dr. Peter Salama, executive director of WHO’s health emergencies program, said Thursday that a 39-year-old man is believed to be the first casualty. A motorcyclist transporting him and the man’s caregiver also died.There are currently 17 other suspected cases in Likati, which is in one of the most remote areas of Congo.This Ebola outbreak is the eighth to hit Congo since 1976. The most recent came during the separate epidemic in West Africa in 2014.Since then an experimental vaccine has proven highly effective, but quantities are limited and there is still no specific treatment for the hemorrhagic fever.  
Share the latest business news with your network:

Facebook Share Twitter Share Email Share
  

Email sent to: doudou.care.ken.mail06@blogger.com   |   Manage your email preferences   |   Unsubscribe

Terms of Service   |   Privacy Policy

Business Insider. 150 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011

Sailthru